Friday, August 26, 2011

Miracle At The Bridge


Psalm 106:2
Who can list the glorious miracles of Your hand, Lord? Who can ever praise You half enough?


he car was sliding out of control on the snow covered road. It was heading straight for the concrete bridge on the opposite side of the road. Bill George my friend had already doubled over in the floor board to brace for the crash. So had our other rider sitting in the middle of the front seat. I crossed my arms in front of my face to protect my face from the glass I was expecting to come.

What happened next is something we have talked about for the rest of our lives. It happened fifty years ago and is as real in my mind today as if it happened yesterday.

No crash! A miracle had just happen and we were in the middle of it, Praise God.

It was early morning, it was dark, it was Winter, it was snowing and the roads were very slick. We had eight o"clock classes at Belmont College(now Belmont University) two hours away. 

But God had a Miracle for three young college students that they would remember and talk about for the rest of their lives.


The above picture shows the tire tracks of the car heading for the bridge and how God miraculously moved the car to the middle of the bridge without so much as a scratch on either of us or the car. Yes, I do believe that God is still in the miracle business to day. 

For too many people today try to explain away God's miracles  as luck or karma. They then wonder why they never see any modern day miracles. It's kinda like the scene in the Santa Clause movie where Santa(Tim Allen) is still trying to figure it all out, looking out the window at the North Pole, says I see a Polar Bear directing traffic but I don't believe it. At which Judy the Elf says, "Seeing is not believing, believing is seeing." 

The next time something out of the ordinary happens to you, look very closely to see if it was God intervening on your behalf.

The greatest miracle ever in my life, is the miracle that happened when I took Christ as my personal Savior. From that day forward I have the knowledge that whatever happens to me(and a lot sure has) that I have the blessed assurance of eternal life in Heaven with Christ as my Savior.

One of the lessons I have ever learned is that there is nothing I can do to cause God to love me any more or any less than He already has. 



Our prayer for you who read this is that you have the assurance of eternal life through Christ Jesus, The Messiah. You can receive eternal life by praying this simple, but powerful prayer. 
 "Jesus, I ask you to forgive me for my sins(wrongdoings) and receive(accept) you the true Son of God as my personal Savior. Amen.


Please let us hear from you, we rejoice in your decision, we will pray for you.
We want to hear from you, have a need  let us know, we will pray for you and your family.


Contact us at Jim@jamespollard.com 
Bro.Jim Pollard
Jim Pollard Ministries


Remember God loves you and so do we.



No comments: